Date, Time: Saturday September 20 and Sunday September 21, 2014
Presented by: Friends of Fishkill Supply Depot and Fishkill Historical Society
Location: Van Wyck Homestead, Route 9, Fishkill, Dutchess County, NewYork
- For additional information contact:
- Friends of Fishkill Supply Depot
- P.O. Box 311 Fishkill, NY 12524
Event Flyer (883.0 KiB)
Cost: Free (donations encouraged)
Details: Open both days 10 AM to 5 PM.
Ongoing demos of military drill, artillery, and camp life
- Tours of Revolutionary War Soldiers’ Cemetery & Van Wyck Homestead (Depot HQ)
- Court martial trials, 18th century music, & children’s games
- Blacksmith, period bread oven, & trades demos
- Free shuttle every half hour from Dutchess Mall Parking across Route9.
The National Park Service calls the Soldiers’ Cemetery at the Fishkill Supply Depot the nation’s largest Revolutionary War soldiers’ cemetery. Under pressure for development, it is for sale. Come celebrate American history and take part in a movement to recognize and rededicate the American Army’s oldest cemetery.